Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sputnik Chandeliers

To start with, I have to admit that I'm not really all that into the whole retro thing, but I am over the moon for these mid-century Sputnik light fixtures. They are popping up all over the place and I have found them anywhere from $150 to $35,000 (Yes, three zeros!) What do you think... lasting style or here today, gone tomorrow?

Image via Kelly Geisen.

Image via Paloma 81. (oops, La Dolce Vita)

Image via Kate Spade NY.

Image via James Rixner.

Images via Style Carrot.


Image via 1st Dibs.

Image via Brown Design Inc.

Image via 1st Dibs.
(This is the beauty with the $35,000 price tag... swoon!)

2 comments:

  1. Here today ... gone tomorrow. But the one from Paloma 81 looks like the death star blowing up at the end of Star Wars - pretty cool. Yuri Gagarin would be proud of the moniker too! Oh great ... now I've got the old Soviet national anthem stuck in my mind. Thanks a lot! -KDM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first picture and the kate spade picture. I think this is more a trend than here to stay. But, then again, what do I know??

    ReplyDelete