Monday, October 11, 2010

Painted Furniture: Lucas Rise

After my last post about whether to refinish or paint my newest find, I was perusing the interweb to find some images of painted furniture. I came across this incredible artist named Lucas Rise. Based in Buenos Aires, Lucas creates incredible mural-like paintings on furniture that range from 1960 psychedelic to tribal-themed patterns. I am blown away by the level of detail in each piece and immediately felt the urge to bust out my paints and get to work on something in my house. Being a realist, I know that I would wreck anything I painted, so for now I’ll have to live vicariously through Lucas’ pieces. Check out his full portfolio here.


Lucas Rise... easy on the eyes.





All images via Lucas Rise.

Good Stuff, Huh?

6 comments:

  1. Wowsa! I thought you were talking about painting something a solid color. Those are real works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen- I am talking about a solid color. When I was looking around at saved images of painted furniture, I found one of these. I researched a little further and this is what I found. I think they are cool, but I can't really see any of these in my home. Works of art? Most certainly, in my opinion!
    -ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnifique.
    J adore.
    Quel talent et quel travail !
    Je vais essayer moi aussi.
    Timidement car cela me changera des toiles.
    😋😜

    ReplyDelete