Friday, March 26, 2010

Weekend Goodies

This may be stating the obvious, but I really like stars. And aren't these the cutest little star cookies you ever saw? Ok.... truth be told, I am not very skilled in the kitchen. My last attempt at baking ended with me franitcally swiping at the smoke detector with a broom in a desperate attempt to stop the awful noise. So I'm thinking to myself, "Here's a simple recipe for some super cute and very yummy looking sugar cookies... I can pull this off ." But, for safety reasons, I think I'll give this a whirl with my niece. She's 9 years old... hopefully she can give me some pointers! (Or at least, hold the fire extinguisher!)
Photo from Annie's Eats

Photo from Annie's Eats


Sugar Cookies from Annie's Eats

1 cup butter

1 cup powdered sugar

1 egg, beaten

1 ½ t. almond extract

1 t. vanilla

1 t. salt

2 ½ c. sifted flour

Cream butter. Add powdered sugar. Blend in egg, almond extract, vanilla, salt and flour. Chill dough until firm. Roll to ¼" thickness on well-floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 min. Cookies should not brown. Frost and decorate when cool. Yields ~40 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment