Friday, March 26, 2010

Beer Budget


Remember that saying, champagne taste on a beer budget? Well, I'm pretty sure that who ever coined that phrase was talking about me. Being on my own, I have learned two things. 1. I can have whatever I want and I don't have to answer to anybody. 2. I can't afford the things I want. Fortunately, I've come to realize that I can still have the things I want.... just maybe a more affordable version of those things. So, here is a post about the things that I love and the things that I actually ended up with.

I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to hang on to a pair of sunglasses. I probably go through 3 or 4 pairs every summer. I know, it's ridiculous! I love these Oliver Peoples "Deacon" frames with green lenses. Very vintagy and very expensive. $350.00.


I found these tortoise shell sunglasses by Eye Candy at Solis for $19.00. Not bad!


It's no secret that I love all things Lilly Pulitzer. The full bath in my new condo really needs brightening up. So, now that I can have as much pink and as many flowers as I want... this was the shower curtain for me! I just couldn't part with that much cash. $98.00 at Garnet Hill.



I ended up purchasing this colorful show-stopper from The Company Store. $29.00.



This Marc Jacobs leather wristlet clutch in "Wave" is one of my Spring must-haves. But not for $212.00.

I found this adorable Coach patent leather turnlock wristlet on ebay for only... wait for it... $39.00!!! And free shipping, too! SCORE!



I've had my eye on these Elizabeth and James "Randi" flats from Piperlime all winter. I love that little extra punch of color that these provide. Unfortunately, they are $235.00. Not gonna happen!

These cuties from Target are a great substitute for only $12.99. Awesome!


What do you think? Outstanding deals... right? This bargain hunting thing is a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be! Whoo hoo!!

1 comment:

  1. I see you love color just as much as I do! And you found some amazing deals..I can definitely see my self with those cute pink flats, wearing the turtoise shades, & holding that turquoise wristlet! So chic and cute.

    ReplyDelete